The Register of Deeds office has opened a satellite office in the New Hanover County Government Center located at 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 180. Office hours are 8 am to 4:45 pm Monday through Friday. Credit and debit cards are accepted in all Register of Deeds departments.
Note: Our recording hours are from 2 pm to 4:45 pm.
- Services offered:
- Copies of Land Records
- Copies of Birth, Death, Marriage, and DD214 certificates
- Marriage Licenses
- Administration of Notary Oaths
- Two Public Search Stations
For more information please call 910-798-7712.
- Effective December 1, 2005 - Allowance for the redaction of certain personal information under guidelines set out in NCGS 132-1.10(f)
Some of the guidelines are as follows:
The request must:
- Be in writing, legibly signed by the requester or their power of attorney.
- Be delivered by mail, facsimile, electronic transmission, or delivered in person to the Register of Deeds.
- Specify (1) the personal information to be redacted (2) the document containing the information - book, page, instrument number, and (3) unique information that identifies the location within the document at which the information can be located. Only the identified personal information will be removed from the website.
For the redaction form and more information on Session Law 2005-414 - Identity Theft Protection Act, please use the following links:
The Register of Deeds office is in the process of updating our recording software and website. We are currently still indexing under the old standards; once our software and website are updated it will support the use of the new North Carolina Indexing Standards.
Please review the publications below that outline the new standards:
- Important Notice of Indexing Rule Change (PDF)
- Minimum Standards of Indexing Real Property Instruments (PDF)
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) Sort Order (PDF)
Please email any questions, concerns or issues to Rod. We will address these concerns and respond as soon as possible.